warren

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf
Ben Hogan, Anthony Ravielli
Roosevelt's Centurions: FDR & the Commanders He Led to Victory in World War II
Joseph E. Persico
Closest Companion: The Unknown Story of the Intimate Friendship Between Franklin Roosevelt and Margaret Suckley
Geoffrey Ward
Salinger
David Shields, Shane Salerno
Franny and Zooey - J.D. Salinger While I'm not one that worships Salinger's "Catcher" book, I will still admit it's fairly interesting. However, this book (especially "Zooey") seems to be a good cure for insomnia.

"Franny" is a short story about Franny Glass as she is going on a date. Reasonable, I guess. Kind of interesting. Lots of smoking by everyone since it took place in the 1950s, when even surgeons would smoke while they were performing whatever sort of heart operations they did back then.

"Zooey" is a novella about Franny and her brother Zooey, which was disappointing because when looking at the cover of the book I immediately thought of Zoey Deschanel, and never even considered Zooey would be a guy. The story covers Zooey in the tub talking to his mother while both smoke. Then Zooey has a long, long conversation with Franny while he tries to convince her (and the reader) that he is indeed the biggest douchebag in the universe. At least in the 50s, when there were only 9 planets in existence. And they (Franny and Zooey) smoke.

Salinger also makes a couple attempts to insert himself into the book, cunningly disguising himself as "The Narrator."

Unfortunately, nobody tries to tie leaves to trees or anything in this book. It's just... meh.