warren

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf
Ben Hogan, Anthony Ravielli
Roosevelt's Centurions: FDR & the Commanders He Led to Victory in World War II
Joseph E. Persico
Closest Companion: The Unknown Story of the Intimate Friendship Between Franklin Roosevelt and Margaret Suckley
Geoffrey Ward
Salinger
David Shields, Shane Salerno
Life After Life - Kate Atkinson What if life gave you more than one chance to "get it right"?

Such is the premise of Life After Life, where Ursula is born, dies and is born again. And again, and then several more times.

She doesn't really catch on to what is happening for a while, she just keeps having the strangest feelings that are being passed off as deja vu, but somehow she figures that sometimes she doesn't want to allow herself to get into certain situations or places where things have turned out badly for her in the past. Eventually she starts to put things together to make the best differences in the world that she can.

While I am fascinated with the concept of reincarnation, I'm still undecided about living *my* life over again. Sure, there are a lot of things I'd change, but the idea of going through elementary and high school over and over for the rest of eternity just seems like such a waste of time.

In Ursula's case, several of her deaths are within a short period in her adult life. That means like 30 years of sameness only to live for another 20 minutes in one day and die in a different fashion. That kind of sucks for her.

It was a good book, although a little long. I'd recommend it for people who like historical fiction, and female leads.